Free-of-charge vaccinations for children aged 6 to 15 years
For schoolchildren between their 6th and 15th birthday:
- vaccination against hepatitis B,
- For persons aged 10 months and older, the MMR vaccination is covered by the free-of-charge vaccination programme available in Austria. Vaccination with 1 vaccine against 3 diseases (combined vaccine):
catch-up vaccination if the person was not vaccinated twice as a young child
- vaccination with 1 vaccine against 4 diseases (combined vaccine):
whooping cough (pertussis)
- vaccination against meningococcal disease, serogroups A, C, W135, Y, between the 10th and 13th birthday and as school vaccination for 6th-grade children, 1 vaccination
- vaccination against human papillomavirus (HPV)
For persons aged between their 9th and 21st birthday, the HPV9 vaccination is covered by the free-of-charge vaccination programme available in Austria. 2 vaccinations are required. According to the Austrian Vaccination Plan, a two-dose off-label vaccination schedule is recommended for persons aged 15 to 21 years.
Where can my child get vaccinated?
- At all doctor’s surgeries participating in the child vaccination programme
- At the “Impfservice Town Town” vaccination centre operated by the Public Health Services of the City of Vienna
- At the children’s outpatient clinic of the Floridsdorf health centre operated by ÖGK (Österreichische Gesundheitskasse, Austrian Public Health Insurance Fund) and at the children’s outpatient clinic of the Favoriten health centre operated by ÖGK
- By the school doctor at all compulsory schools of the City of Vienna:
- Dates for school vaccination appointments are determined in consultation with the principal of the school.
- Parents and legal guardians receive timely, written information about school vaccination appointments.
Series of vaccinations that have already been started can be completed up to the 15th birthday of the child unless they are free of charge only for a specific age group.
Vaccinations subject to payment of a fee for children between 6 and 15 years of age
- Vaccination against TBE (tick-borne encephalitis),
starting any time; following the 4 initial vaccinations, a booster is required every 5 years.
- Vaccination against varicella (chickenpox)
if the 2-part vaccination was not given when the child was still a baby and they had no varicella infection in the meantime.
- Vaccination against hepatitis A as potential catch-up vaccination
- Vaccination against meningococcal meningitis B as potential catch-up vaccination