- Start vaccinations now!
- Catch up on missed vaccinations as soon as possible!
Free vaccinations for children between ages 6 and 15
For school children between ages 6 and 15
- Vaccination against hepatitis B
- Vaccination with 1 vaccine against 3 diseases (combined vaccination),
catch up vaccination if not vaccinated twice as a small child
- Vaccination with 1 vaccine against 4 diseases (combined vaccine):
Whooping cough (pertussis)
- Vaccination against meningococcal disease in serogroup A, C, W135, Y between the age of 10 and 13 and as a school vaccination for children under 6 School level, 1 vaccination
- Vaccination against human papilloma virus (HPV) for children aged 9 to 11 (between their ninth and twelfth birthdays), 2 vaccinations with an interval of 6 months
HPV – from 9th to 12th birthday:
Those children who turned 12 during the lockdown in spring 2020 or the closed public vaccination centers and therefore no longer fall into the conditions for free HPV vaccination through no fault of their own, can make up for this missed HPV vaccination free of charge up to and including July 2020.
Where can I get the vaccinations?
- At registered doctors, participating in the child vaccination program
- At the Town Town vaccination centre run by the Public Health Services of the City of Vienna (all aforementioned vaccinations with the exception of the vaccinations against meningococcal disease type B and varicella)
- At Public Health Services of the City of Vienna local district health authorities
- At City of Vienna compulsory schools from the school doctor:
- Vaccination appointments are determined in consultation with the headteacher at the school.
- At the children’s clinic run by the Vienna North Health Centre for the Wiener Gebietskrankenkasse
Important: Series of vaccinations which have already been started can be completed up to the age of 15 unless they are only free of charge for a certain age group.
Vaccinations subject to a charge for children between ages 6 and 15
HPV – from 12th to 15th birthday:
For the duration of the pandemic, HPV catch-up vaccinations will also be offered to young people up to the age of 16 at a reduced cost price of € 62.70 plus € 10.10 vaccination fee. This catch-up vaccination is only available in the Town Town vaccination service. According to the recommendation of the Austria 2020 vaccination plan, a total of 3 doses of the HPV vaccine apply from the age of 15: 1st dose, 2nd dose 2 months after the 1st dose, 3rd dose 6 to 12 months after the 2nd Dose (also at a reduced price).
- Vaccination against human papilloma virus (HPV)
for children between the age of 12 and 14 (between their twelfth and fifteenth birthday) if the vaccination was missed prior to their twelfth birthday; favourable cost price rate only available to those over 15 at the Public Health Services of the City of Vienna vaccination centres receiving the vaccination from registered doctors
- Vaccination against influenza every year from around October
- Vaccination against TBE (tick-borne encephalitis)), starting any time; following the initial 4 vaccinations, booster every 5 years
- Vaccination against varicella
if the 2 vaccinations were missed as an infant and the child has not had any varicella-related illness.
- Vaccination against hepatitis A potential catch up
- Potential catch up for the vaccination against meningococcal B
Where can I get the vaccinations?
- At registered doctors
- At the Town Town vaccination centre run by the Public Health Services of the City of Vienna (all aforementioned vaccinations with the exception of the vaccinations against meningococcal B and varicella)
- The TBE vaccination, the vaccination against influenza and the HPV vaccination can also be given at any local district health authority.